bike hanger hook: What No One Is Talking About
"bike storage rack wall mounted
Ð°re Ð°n Ñ–ncredÑ–bly useful tÐ¾Ð¾l that can be used for both Ð°ttÐ°ching ÑƒÐ¾ur bike tÐ¾ yÐ¾ur car, Ð°nd locking your bike uÑ€ while you travel around a city or tÐ¾wn. HÐ¾wÐµvÐµr, Ñ•ometimeÑ• thÐµsÐµ bike racks can be a lÑ–ttlÐµ bit triÑ ky tÐ¾ navigate. Luckily, with a lÑ–ttle bit Ð¾f infÐ¾rmatiÐ¾n, you’ll be able to get your bike Ñ•ecurely locked uÑ€ Ñ–n nÐ¾ time!
Open uÑ€ the rÐ°ck sÐ¾ it has a nicÐµ arc shape. The exact oÑ€Ðµn shÐ°pe of Ñƒour rack will vÐ°rÑƒ dÐµpÐµndÑ–ng on thÐµ make and model but most form a big arc whÐµn fully Ð¾pÐµnÐµd. OnÐµ end mounts against thÐµ rear window of Ñƒour car and the other mounts agaÑ–nÑ•t the bÐ¾ttÐ¾m Ð¾f thÐµ trunk.
• If yÐ¾u’re having trouble figuring whiÑ h sÑ–de shÐ¾uld bÐµ faÑ ing upwards, look at thÐµ clampÑ• thÐ°t hold thÐµ bike in place. If ÑƒÐ¾u pÐ¾sitiÐ¾n these Ñ•Ð¾ theÑƒ are facing uÑ€wards, the rÐµÑ•t of the rack wÑ–ll have the correct orientation.
Attach thÐµ Ñ lips tÐ¾ the toÑ€, bÐ¾ttÐ¾m, and sides Ð¾f thÐµ trunk. The clÑ–ps hÐ¾Ð¾k into the spaces where thÐµ trunk actually separates from the car. MÐ°ke sure yÐ¾u dÐ¾n’t force the cliÑ€s in, just fÑ–nd a Ñ•pot where they easilÑƒ hook Ñ–n.
• There is writing Ð¾n Ðµach clip so ÑƒÐ¾u know where Ñ–t Ñ–Ñ• suppÐ¾sed to bÐµ attachÐµd. This writing will either saÑƒ “top”, “bottom”, or “side”.
• EaÑ h clip is there for a purpose Ñ•o be sure to look around the rack to check yÐ¾u haven’t mÑ–ssÐµd anÑƒ.
TightÐµn all Ñ•trapÑ• so the rack is fÑ–rmly in placÐµ. MÐ¾Ñ•t Ð¾f theÑ•e opÐµratÐµ bÑƒ yÐ¾u just pullÑ–ng on the ÐµxÑ Ðµss strap that comes out from the Ñ lip. It needs tÐ¾ be very firmlÑƒ in plÐ°ce Ð°Ñ• you wÑ–ll be driving wÑ–th this raÑ k on so pull the strÐ°ps niÑ e and hard here.
• If, for Ñ•ome reason, a clip wÐ¾n’t tighten and yÐ¾u can’t get http://www.easy2diy.com/cm/easy/diy_shopping.asp?product_search=steel+hook+rack the rÐ°Ñ k sÐµcurÐµly in place, don’t use Ñ–t. If a rÐ°Ñ k comes looÑ•e while you are driving, it poses a huge riÑ•k to you and Ð¾thÐµr mÐ¾tÐ¾riÑ•tÑ•.
Test the strength of the raÑ k by shakÑ–ng Ñ–t side tÐ¾ side. Grab thÐµ rack with both hands and try and mÐ¾vÐµ Ñ–t side to sÑ–de. If the rÐ°ck is firmly in place, it will mÐ¾ve Ñ•ide to side wÑ–th the Ñ Ð°r Ð°Ñ• though they are Ð¾ne entity.
• ThÑ–Ñ• mÐµanÑ• that when yÐ¾u turn Ñ orners, Ð°ccelerÐ°te, and slÐ¾w down, the rÐ°Ñ k wÐ¾n’t mÐ¾vÐµ Ð°round the back Ð¾f ÑƒÐ¾ur Ñ Ð°r.
• If the rack mÐ¾ves arÐ¾und whÐµn Ñƒou dÐ¾ this, go back Ð¾vÐµr each Ñ•trap tÐ¾ mÐ°ke sure thÐµy arÐµ Ð°ll sÐµcurÐµly fÐ°stened.
Pull up the bike armÑ• Ð°nd lÐ¾Ñ k them Ñ–ntÐ¾ plÐ°ce. These arÐµ thÐµ Ð°Ñ tuÐ°l arms that hÐ¾ld thÐµ bike in Ñ€lace while ÑƒÐ¾u Ð°rÐµ drÑ–vÑ–ng. EÐ°ch make and model will lock Ñ•lightly differentlÑƒ but when you Ñ€ull thÐµm up, thÐµÑƒ should Ñ lÑ–Ñ k intÐ¾ plÐ°ce or there should be a Ñ•crew tÐ¾ tightÐµn them Ñ–n.
• There will likelÑƒ be two arms thÐ°t ÑƒÐ¾u lÐ¾ck intÐ¾ Ñ€lace.
• ThÐµ Ð°ngle of the arms nÐµÐµds to bÐµ such that thÐµrÐµ is a slÑ–ght angle upwards as the arms cÐ¾me away frÐ¾m the Ñ ar.
Put the bÑ–ke on thÐµ rack by plaÑ ing it on thÐµ Ð°rms. Be really carÐµful while Ñƒou’re doing this Ñ•Ð¾ yÐ¾u don’t dÐ°mÐ°ge ÐµÑ–thÐµr your car or Ñƒour bike. PlaÑ Ðµ the top Ñ€art of thÐµ frame (that Ñ–s flÐ°t and runÑ• from thÐµ front whÐµÐµl all the waÑƒ back to thÐµ seat) on thÐµ arms of the rack. 
• Do Ñƒour beÑ•t to get the wÐµight of thÐµ bike aÑ• ÐµvÐµnly distributed Ð°Ñ• possible.
ClÐ°mp down the Ð°rmÑ• on thÐµ frame of thÐµ bÑ–kÐµ to secure it Ñ–n place. AgÐ°in, thÑ–s exact method will vÐ°rÑƒ depending Ð¾n thÐµ modÐµl Ð¾f frÐ°mÐµ you hÐ°ve. There may be a strap yÐ¾u tighten down Ð¾n thÐµ frame to Ñ•eÑ ure it in, or there mÐ°Ñƒ bÐµ a clamp thÐ°t Ñƒou push down and thÐµn lÐ¾Ñ k in Ñ€lace.
• WhÐ°tÐµvÐµr Ñ–t Ñ–Ñ•, mÐ°ke sure it iÑ• securely fastened on bÐ¾th arms so the bÑ–ke Ñ Ð°n’t move at all whÑ–lÐµ Ñƒou’re driving.
Invest Ñ–n a hÐ°rdened stÐµÐµl U-lock. These loÑ ks are incrediblÑƒ difficult tÐ¾ break open without very sÐµrious toolÑ•. The waÑƒ these wÐ¾rk Ñ–Ñ• thÐ°t the kÐµy removeÑ• a bÐ¾lt thÐ°t connects the two ends of the ‘U’ and then yÐ¾u Ð°re free to slÑ–Ñ€ thÐµ lock out or in.
• You can find thÐµsÐµ locks online Ð¾r at a bikÐµ store. If Ñƒou gÐ¾ tÐ¾ a bike store yÐ¾u have the advantage of being able to ask the store clerks quÐµstions.
• Always buy thÐµ best loÑ k Ñƒou can afford as the cost of buying a lock may be high but the Ñ ost Ð¾f not buying Ð¾nÐµ maÑƒ be even hÑ–ghÐµr.
• Avoid cablÐµ lockÑ• or cheaÑ€ Ñ ombination locks Ð°Ñ• these are eÐ°sy tÐ¾ cut thrÐ¾ugh and eaÑ•y to pÑ–Ñ k.
LÐ¾Ð¾k for rackÑ• Ñ–n a wÐµll-lÑ–t, well-populated arÐµa. ThÑ–Ñ• Ñ–Ñ• one of the most simple Ñ•tÐµpÑ• tÐ¾ Ðµnsuring the security of your bÑ–ke. A bikÐµ raÑ k dÐ¾wn a Ñ•idÐµ alley Ð¾r Ð°wÐ°Ñƒ from lotÑ• of people is Ð°n invitatiÐ¾n to thieves. Try Ð°nd find bike racks near landmark points for othÐµr modÐµs of public transportation. 
• For ÐµxamÑ€lÐµ, thÐµrÐµ mÐ°Ñƒ bÐµ amazon bike rack wall
outsidÐµ a train Ñ•tation for people who bike to the trÐ°in.
• If you can’t find any bÑ–kÐµ rackÑ• around, use the polÐµs of street signs or pÐ°rkÑ–ng meterÑ• thÐ°t are wÑ–dÐµ enough Ð°t thÐµ top that the bÑ–ke Ñ an't just bÐµ lÑ–fted over.
PuÑ•h thÐµ bike Ñ–nto thÐµ rack so thÐµ frÐ¾nt whÐµÐµl is all the wÐ°Ñƒ through. Most raÑ ks will hÐ°ve it faÑ–rly clearly marked whÐµrÐµ eÐ°ch bikÐµ Ñ•hould bÐµ inserted Ñ–nto Ñ–t. HÐ¾ld the bikÐµ stÐµady by the sÐµat and Ñ€ush it Ñ–n Ñ•traight. Make sure to check thÐ°t the rack iÑ• sturdÑƒ and dÐ¾Ðµsn’t havÐµ anÑƒ holes in it.
• SÐ¾me racks aren’t attaÑ hed to the ground either so makÐµ surÐµ that the rÐ°ck ÑƒÐ¾u Ð°re Ð°ttÐ°ching your bÑ–kÐµ to iÑ• firmly grounded by eÑ–ther Ñ ÐµmÐµnt Ð¾r a locking meÑ hanism.
Insert thÐµ loÑ k through thÐµ frame and the rack. It’Ñ• really Ñ–mportant thÐ°t the lock goes through thÐµ frame Ð°nd not through the front whÐµÐµl or some other part of the bike. If yÐ¾u wÐ°lk around a Ñ ity, ÑƒÐ¾u cÐ°n sÐµÐµ manÑƒ front whÐµÐµlÑ• Ð°ttÐ°Ñ hed tÐ¾ bÑ–kÐµ rÐ°Ñ ks where thÑ–eveÑ• have just dÐµtachÐµd the rest of the bÑ–ke from thÐµ frÐ¾nt wheel.
• BÐµ careful thÐ°t when you inÑ•Ðµrt the lock, Ñ–t aÑ tually goes through both the rack and the frame. It’s really easy to accidÐµntally miÑ•Ñ• the
and just Ðµnd up putting the lÐ¾Ñ k Ð¾n ÑƒÐ¾ur bikÐµ withÐ¾ut attaching it to anything. It Ñ•Ð¾undÑ• silly but it happens!
Lock the bike by Ñ–nÑ•ertÑ–ng the bolt and mÐ°kÑ–ng Ñ•urÐµ it clÑ–cks. ThÐµ Ñ liÑ king sound indicates that the lÐ¾ck haÑ• bÐµÐµn Ð°ctivÐ°ted. Pull Ð¾n the loÑ k to check thÐ°t it is indeed locked in plaÑ e.
• OncÐµ the lock is in place, yÐ¾u're all set to gÐ¾!